OnUp’s first full year in market! And it wasn’t at all what anyone could have expected.
As entrepreneurs, we knew that we needed to be ready for the ups and downs, but we certainly weren’t prepared for what was to come. Gym closures and cancellations of all athletic events, farmers markets, and in-person sampling events certainly caused a change of course.
As we reflect back on the year, we easily see a long list of hopes and dreams that didn’t come true. It’s a difficult and sad thing to know that you didn’t accomplish what you set out to. But, we also see a list of blessings and accomplishments, many of which weren’t in our original plans.
There are things in life that we can’t change, but we can control how we react and we’ve chosen to focus on the bright side. We are most thankful that we have remained healthy all year. Plus, here are some of our top memories and milestones from 2020:
- New Distribution: Looking at the map of where OnUp is available in the Twin Cities simply brings us joy. It barely existed at the beginning of the year and it continues to grow. We are so thankful for all these partners who see value in providing their customers and members with OnUp.
- Sampling: We spent a lot of time providing OnUp samples in January and February. We love hearing the reactions when people learn what OnUp is and experience it’s fantastic taste. When we paused our sampling in March, we thought it would just be for a few weeks. Oh, if only we knew then what we know now.
- Warehouse Expansion: We’ve outgrown our Minnetonka distribution center (aka Ilene’s garage) and have officially secured an offsite warehouse!
- Sweat Minnesota Sponsor: We had the fantastic opportunity to connect with many amazing people in the Twin Cities fitness community during the shutdowns to help people stay healthy and strong both physically and mentally through Sweat Minnesota. We are grateful for these relationships and the role they all play in supporting the community.
- Ambassador Team: We launched our OnUp Brand Ambassador team, partnering with local athletes who authentically love OnUp and share our same values. We are so proud of the way they each have responded to the pandemic and continue to focus on not only their own training, but also supporting their communities.
- Local Doorstep Deliveries: We’ve spent hundreds of hours delivering product to you. Thank you for your orders! It’d be nice if those traffic-free roads from last spring were an every day occasion in the future too.
- Notre Dame McCloskey Competitions: We advanced to the semi-finals of the Notre Dame McCloskey New Venture Competition. Go Irish!
- Local Press: We were featured in the Mill City Times and Kare 11’s Women Crushing it Wednesday. It’s a pleasure to be able to share our story with others!
- Photo Shoots: Our friends support us in so many ways. We had some fun (and safe) photo shoots this summer for our social media. Thanks to everyone willing to be featured!
- Giveaways: April was our giveaway month. Each day we partnered with another company, trainer, or gym for a giveaway. We hope this provided some excitement and encouragement to people during the shut down. Our giveaways continued throughout the year because who couldn’t have used a little extra boost this year?!
Many people ask us what it’s like to be an entrepreneur. The truth is that it’s hard. And, like many other things, it’s even harder during a pandemic. That’s why we are so thankful for all of you who have helped make 2020 a successful year.
We’re going #onup and are glad that you are on this journey with us. May 2021 be filled with safe in-person races, indoor athletic competitions, fully operating gyms, energizing farmers markets, in-store samplings, lots of hugging, and even more joy!